SMS Community Council
Community Council 2022-2023
Community Council is composed of Salem Montessori staff and family members with the goal of engendering community, facilitating involvement, and providing support for the SMS community.
During the school year, the community council helps with several events. There is a Community Council Chair and Class Captains.
The main roles of the Class Captains are:
- Support teachers in encouraging signing up for and participating in volunteer opportunities for special projects. Examples include: sewing, cooking, gardening, nature walks or other things needed during the school day.
- Support Community Council and help communicate and plan activities that are outside of school hours. Encourage participation in our closed FaceBook group.
- Support for attendance at school (and virtual) events by adding a personal ask and touch.
- Assist with gratitude gifts for classroom teachers.
Events our Community council helps with include:
- Seasonal Individual Class Play Dates
School-Wide Play Dates
There are also volunteer opportunities for parents such as:
- Parents nights out
- Halloween Celebration
- Gratitude Gifts
- Talent Sharing (Preschool and Elementary)
- Community Council Coffees
- Teachers lunches/meals
- Teacher appreciation week (First week of May)
- SMS Ambassadors
- Come to SMS and speak during school tours