Salem Montessori is Moving!
Building A Future Together!
Starting in February 2023, we began renovating our new home at 720 Coliseum Drive in Winston-Salem.
This will bring all of Salem Montessori School under one roof and allow us expand to 5th grade and add full-day toddler & Children’s House options.
A school with purpose
We spent over a year looking for a building that would integrate all of our students in one space and allow everyone to easily connect, socialize and learn from one another. Below are just a few of the benefits:
- All classrooms have: restroom, sink and door directly to outside classroom
- Lower Elementary (1st-3rd Grade): Also have sections based on different student learning profiles
- Upper Elementary (4th-5th): Also have rooms are also designed for technology integrations.
- The Gathering Space Open space for up to 130 people for performances, flexible seating and more.
- Breakout Zone Flexible space for learning, mentoring, collaborations and after school activities
The indoor school will be over 15,00 sq. ft and has been designed by our staff with proper Montessori design techniques in order to help your children develop intellectually, socially and confidently.
Natural Light Classrooms
“Peace begins with me” is at the core of our school. And we could not be more excited and proud to tell you that every classroom has large windows and will be filled with peaceful, calming and learning enhancing natural sunlight.
And if that wasn’t enough, every preschool classroom will have its own private outdoor classroom and learning space.
It’s enough to make you wish you were a student all over again!
A purpose built outdoor space to learn and grow
We believe in the outdoors, and we believe in kids dressing for the sun, the rain, the cold.
And when your kids have the freedom to learn inside and out, they become better stewards of the larger home planet we all share.
The outdoor space will be divided into:
- The Climbing zone which will be built based on the land
- Slide Hill with slides integrated into natural hills
- The Farm where students will grow their own fresh herbs, vegetables, and flowers
- The Picnic Grove where students can enjoy outdoor lunches
- The Community Green for gathering and open play
- Toddler Zone for the smaller students to play safely at their own pace