Welcome to the Salem Montessori School
We’re glad you’re here, and we look forward to introducing you to the incredible Montessori experience we offer children from the ages of 16 months to 6 years.
As a Montessori School, we appreciate and celebrate that children are eager, spontaneous learners, curious about the world around them. Our role is to preserve and nurture their natural curiosity and help them develop an openness to the limitless possibilities of life. We view our role at Salem Montessori School as an extension of the educational experience that your child has in your home.
Our core values include:
- Montessori’s view of the child as independent, intrinsically motivated, and actively learning
- A collaborative environment between teachers, children, and their families
- Teachers who are sensitive, well-trained, and lifelong learners
- An environment prepared for the child that is safe, orderly, beautiful, and mindful of natural resources
- Respect for the similarities and differences in people, cultures, and ideas
Montessori students develop a love of learning, keen concentration, a global perspective, respect for self and all of life, care for the natural world, and exploration of faith through stories of the Bible.
We are a private, non-profit corporation housed at Home Moravian Church, and we are an affiliate member of the American Montessori Society.
Salem Montessori School, Inc. admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its education and admissions policies.
Parents of prospective students are invited to visit the school. Please call Karen Wilson, school head, at 336-748-0800 for an appointment, and to learn more about the Montessori education experience.