We are often asked for suggestions for books about different issues regarding children. All of these books are available to borrow from our parent library, located in the hallway. Just ask! If you read an excellent book or online article, please let us know.
Online Parenting Articles:
- The Agony And The Ecstasy Of Raising A Toddler (Huffington Post)
Books About Young Children:
- Cherry, Clare. 1985. Parents, Please Don’t Sit On Your Kids. Carthage,ILL: Fearon Teacher Aids.
- Dreikurs, Rudolf. 1992. Children the Challenge. New York: Plume Book.
- Glenn, H. Stephen and Jane Nelson. 2000. Raising Self- Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World. New York: Prima Publishing.
- Gerber, Magda. 1998. Your Self-Confident Baby. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Kranowitz, Carol Stock and Larry B. Silver.1998. The Out-of-Sync Child. New York: Perigree Books.
- Kurcinka, Mary Sheedy. 1998. Raising Your Spirited Child. New York: Harper Collins.
- MacKenzie, Robert J. 2003. Setting Limits in the Classroom. New York: Prima Publishing.
- MacKenzie, Robert J. 2002. Setting Limits With Your Strong-Willed Child. New York: Prima Publishing.
- Medina, John. 2010. Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five. Seattle: Pear Press.
- Nelson, Jane, Jane Lott and Stephen Glenn. 1999. Positive Discipline A to Z. New York: Prima Publishing.
- Nelson, Janet, Cheryl Erwin, and Roslyn Duffy. 1998. Positive Discipline for Preschoolers. New York: Prima Publishing.
- Seldin, Tim. 2006. How To Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way. London: DK Publishers.
- Woititz, Hanet G. 1992, Healthy Parenting. New York: Simon and Schuster/Fireside.