If you are not yet in the Christmas spirit, you absolutely will be after seeing the annual SMS Christmas Play on Friday, December 12. Multiple Marys, a herd of donkeys, and a host of sparkly angels are preparing to bring good tidings of Christmas to you and your kin (grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, etc. are all invited).
Here is what you need to know:
– The play takes place at 11:30 in the Fellowship Hall, directly below the SMS classrooms.
– With all of the extra cars, the parking lot fills up quickly – please allow time to park and make your way to the building, drop off your potluck dish, and find a seat.
-The play lasts about thirty minutes, then we all share a potluck lunch.
– Please bring a main or side dish to serve 8 people. SMS will provide cookies, so NO DESSERTS PLEASE. We want to be sure there is enough “real food” to serve everyone. SMS will provide plates, utensils, etc.
– Toddler Parents: Please pick your children up on the playground at 11:15. If you are not planning to attend the play, let the teachers know and they will take the children to the play, then have them at the playground for pick-up at noon.
-3-6 year-old Parents: If your child does not normally attend school on Friday, please bring him/her to the classroom at 11:00 to get into costume. If you are not planning to attend the play, please let the teachers know.
– There will be no lunch bunch on this day.
-We always welcome clean-up help after this event, so if you are “child-free” afterwards, we invite you to roll up your sleeves and pitch in.
We look forward to sharing this joyous SMS tradition with you and your family!